Kalamoir Regional Park
From the regional districts map of the regional parks, Kalamoir Park looks like a small section of uneventful terrain but once you take an hour or two to explore this park set aside along the shores of Okanagan Lake you will be surprised of the abundant opportunity to relax, bike, hike or enjoy many vista’s on the upper trails.
Walk in from the end of Campbell Rd. or turn off Highway 97 S onto Boucherie Road (Macs). Turn left onto Douglas Road, right onto Thacker Road and left again onto Collens Hill Road, the parking lot is at the bottom of Collens Hill Road.
Features as listed by the Regional District:
- A beachfront with swimming area
- A hiking and biking trail system
- Washroom amenities
- Interesting geological remnants from volcanic disruptions
- Beautiful grassland trails with views of Okanagan Lake
- Intermittent creek beds with shade from the tree canopy and nesting birds
- Lakeshore trails
Also find a memorial for Mike Passmore: